Tara Crouse, RYT 200, Yoga Therapy 80hrs, BA Dance - Tara is passionate about the moving arts, and has been teaching dance for 35 years and yoga for the past 6 years. She feels that yoga and dance are sacred, in that, each movement and shape have their own vibration, their own language, and a connection to a universal wisdom. Yoga aligns her and brings her back to centre, Tara's aim is to guide those in her classes back to themselves so that they can learn to listen to and hear their own inherent intelligence and truly connect with the amazingly powerful beings they are!
1. The Yoga for Energy class will include a pranayam (breath practice), body tapping (energy points), and asana (postures). This workshop is designed to enable participants to tune into their own bodies, develop sensitivity to their own energy levels, and provide tools for increasing energy!
Jan Stirling - Although Jan is best know as a jazz, classical, and pop musician, performing as a soloist or in duos, trios or quartets, she is also a teacher, a composer, a writer, and an energy worker. Jan is the first Certified Biofield Tuning Practitioner on Vancouver Island. This cutting-edge technology works on the blueprint of the body in the biofield, improving the signal to noise ratio releases patterns that don't serve.
2. Next, while participants are lying in Savasana, Jan will close the yoga class by playing her crystal bowls and chant her healing mantras. Directly, following this, she will introduce Biofield Tuning and take participants through a group healing session.
Rina Soucy - Rina is a colour therapist who has been studying the power of colours since 2011. Using a device called the Biopulsar Reflexograph, Rina offers aura and chakra photography as well as coloured light therapy. She has been empowering others by assisting them on their journey to a better physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health simply by attracting specific colour vibrations into their daily life.
3. Rina will discuss which colours are helpful when dealing with a few specific common issues and the many ways colour vibrations can easily be attracted in our daily life. She will show you what your aura looks like in real time so that you can experience firsthand how colours affect you.
Jodi Holland, B.Sc.,RD - Jodi is a graduate of the University of Alberta and has worked as a Registered Dietitian for over 15 years. She is a meal planning pro and an expert on nutrition for families and individuals. From prenatal nutrition to picky eaters to sports nutrition or specific health conditions, she can provide you with simple strategies and practical tips to achieve health and balance.
4. To stimulate your appetites just before lunch, Jodi will discuss and demonstrate how to boost your energy levels throughout the day with your food choices.
Valerie Turner, CMP - Valerie is the Music Director of the Greater Victoria Police Chorus. She plays piano with the Commodores Big Band, teaches piano in her home studio, and free-lances as a pianist and harp player.
5. For ambiance, good vibrations, and to help you digest your lunch, Valerie will soothe you with the celestial sounds of her harp playing!
Lauren Truscott Waddell,RHT, HHC - Lauren is a Registered Herbal Therapist and Holistic Health Coach, practicing since 2012. She is passionate about sustainably working with the healing tools nature offers and loves experimenting with food and plants as medicines and beauty tools. Lauren works with clients with a broad range of health and wellness goals using herbal medicine, nutrition and lifestyle guidance. Her intention is to provide a positive, healing space, instilling confidence in every client and working alongside plants to assist the body’s natural healing process. 6. After lunch, Lauren will be talking with you about how plant preparations enhance our energy physiologically and vibrationally. We will discuss Herbal Medicine in different forms and how select plants can benefit your life. Be prepared to taste some herbal preparations and experience the plant vibrations in your own body.
Dr. Marlin Wilson, TCM, R.Ac- Dr. Marlin Wilson is a registered acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor, who opened Wilson Acupuncture in 1997. Dr. Wilson’s methodology is guided by his desire to help people heal using humor, music, compassion, and solid health concepts. The central theory of TCM is the yin-yang theory: the concept of two opposing, yet complementary forces that shape the world and all life. In the Traditional Chinese Medicine view, the vital energy or life force is called Qi. Qi regulates and energizes the individual’s spiritual, emotional and physical health, which are influenced by the opposing forces of yin and yang. Qi circulates throughout the body via a system of pathways called meridians. Health is an ongoing process that requires maintaining the balance and harmony in the circulation of Qi. This balance is the healing.
Sherri Dev Dharam - Sherri Dev Dharam is a KRI-certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor with over 440 hours of training. Her classes are practical, fun and reverent, and she loves to share the life-enhancing practices of kundalini yoga with everyone, from curious first-time students to long time yogis. She is a certified gong therapist, and plays the symphonic gongs during kundalini yoga classes, in extended gong journeys, and in private sessions. Kundalini yoga includes movement, breath work, meditation and sound current. The gongs’ powerful, resounding tones create a unique, deeply felt experience for every listener. Gong therapy is used to relieve physical and emotional distress, and to promote healing, deep-relaxation and overall well-being.
9. Sherri Dev Dharam will bring this enchanting day to a close, with a short kundalini class, and a loooong gong bath. You will feel amazing!
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.